Call Before You Dig
Are you planning to dig a garden, landscape or fence your lot, excavate a patio area or pool area, upgrade your driveway, repair your home's foundation, add a porch, deck or room to your home?
Please call Ontario One Call Ltd. before you dig and take advantage of the free utility locate service.
Digging or excavating could damage the network of gas pipes, telephone lines, hydro or cablevision lines and water pipes which extend through your property and may be located near the surface of your lot.
Damage to pipes or a utility line can create a safety hazard or even disrupt utility service to an entire neighbourhood if the system must be shut down to repair this damage. Homeowners or their contractors
who cause damage are liable for the cost of repairs and could incur a costly lawsuit if adjacent property is damaged or someone is injured as a result. Under Ontario regulations, it's against the law to dig
without having natural gas lines located.
Book a Free Gas Pipe Location Service
- Call Ontario One Call for free locate of all services provided by Utilities Kingston at 1 800 400-2255 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, or
- Visit them on the web at: www.on1call.com.
- Call at least five full business days before you plan to dig.
- Ontario One Call will relay your locate request and information to Utilities Kingston, as well as other participating member utilities. You will be provided with a timely, free locate of the underground facilities so you can complete your project SAFELY.
Services Covered by Calling Ontario One Call
By calling Ontario One Call you will be provided with the following locates within the City of Kingston:
- Natural Gas (serviced by Utilities Kingston or Union Gas)
- Electric (serviced by Utilities Kingston or Hydro One)
- Water (serviced by Utilities Kingston)
- Sewer (serviced by Utilities Kingston)
- Utilities Kingston Fibre Optics
- Traffic and Street Lights (serviced by Utilities Kingston)
- Bell (Phone and Fibre Optics)
- Trans Canada Pipelines
- TransAlta Wind Power – Cables from Wolfe Island Wind Farm
- Trans Northern Pipeline
- Enbridge Pipelines
You may still have to request locates from these and possibly other providers:
- Cogeco: 1-800-565-4087
- CN : 1-888-353-2577
- Queen’s Fix-It: 613-533-6000 X 77301,
- Queen’s Communications: 613 533-6000 x 74644
- D.N.D.: 613 541-5010 Electric: X 5192, Water/Sewer: X 5123
- WTC Communications