Power outage tips and precautions
October 29, 2012
As the City prepares for heavy winds, please familiarize yourself with the following tips and precautions:
- If you see a downed power line or tree branch that has fallen on a power line, always assume it's energized and dangerous. Stay away and report it immediately by calling 613-546-1181. This line is answered 24 hours, seven days a week.
- If you are experiencing a power outage please call us, 24 hours per day, at 613-546-1181 and follow these instructions:
- Please listen to the list of known outages.
- If your outage is listed, please be assured we are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and hang up.
- If your outage is not listed, please follow the instructions to report the outage.
- Residents in the west and east ends of Kingston can call Hydro One’s Storm Center at 1-800-434-1235.
- Our website is updated during business hours. Our Facebook page may include more up-to-date information.
- For additional tips and precautions you can take during a power outage, review the Emergency section of our website.