Water Heater Rentals
Utilities Kingston water heater rental program offers affordable, cost-effective, peace of mind to homeowners and businesses. Our water heater rental program can hook you up with a hot water heater for as low as $11.19 per month rental.
Our rental program offers:
- A selection of natural gas and electric residential and commercial water heaters
- A selection of solar water heater rentals
- Reliable local water heater service
- Competitive monthly rental rates
- Monthly billing
- No upfront cost for the water heater which allows you to spend your hard earned money on other things
- Peace of mind and enjoyment of the hot water heater knowing there are no worries about unplanned service, typical repair, or replacement costs.
- Emergency repair service is just a local call away.
- The water heater covered by your rental agreement is transferable to the next homeowner should you decide to sell your home.
How does the program work?
If you need a Residential type tank, the Utilities Kingston water-heater rental program is this simple:
- You check the Utilities Kingston List of Installers to find contractors approved for installation of our rental water heaters. (You can also have the list faxed or mailed to you by calling 546-0000. Or, you can visit our office at 85 Lappans Lane.)
- You get estimates from the Installers you select for the installation of your preferred water heater. We recommend that you get written quotes from at least two contractors. (These professionals can also give you advice on the best water heater for your home.)
- Based on those estimates, you choose a Installer as your installation contractor. Your chosen contractor will pick up and install the rental heater, complete the agreement, and submit it to us along with their invoice for the installation allowance. (That allowance is a set amount Utilities Kingston has agreed to pay Installers for the basic installation of each water heater model.)
- The monthly Water Heater Rental charge appears on your next utility bill. There is an initial application fee of $15.00
If you are interested in a Commercial hot water tank rental, you begin the process by visiting our office at 85 Lappans Lane and meeting with a Services Advisor person. Call 546-0000 extension 2285 to arrange a meeting. We require that the owner of the building where the rental heater(s) will be installed provide appropriate information and a signature.
Residential Models and Rates
Below is a summary of the capacities and monthly rental rates of the water heaters available through the Utilities Kingston rental program. Follow the links within the chart to learn more about individual models, including the maximum allowance Utilities Kingston will pay contractors for each unit's installation.
The monthly rental rates provided below are effective January 1, 2013.
2013 Rental Rates
Utilities Kingston pays the Installer an installation allowance that is intended to cover basic installation of the water heater. Should more work be required (such as moving the tank, new piping, upgrading venting, ductwork), additional charges may be billed to the homeowner by the installer. All Installers are to inform customers of any additional charges before installing the water heater. Because additional charges may vary among contractors, Utilities Kingston urges rental customers to obtain installation estimates from at least two Installers.
Change in Ontario Building Code (OBC)
Ontario Regulation 23/04 - Limitations on the maximum temperature of hot water supplied by fittings in residential occupancies.
An anti-scald valve must be installed to be in compliance with this regulation. This device is not part of the water heater rental. The cost and installation of the device is the responsibility of the homeowner.
Exiting the Rental Program
If you are considering removal of a Utilities Kingston rental water heater, please call us first. We will be able to provide you with the alternative options available to you and advise you if any termination fees apply in advance of you making your decision.