Water is fundamental to life, yet is often taken for granted. By using water wisely today, we can
reduce costs and environmental impacts while ensuring that future generations have the same
access to clean water that we enjoy.
Why Save Water?
- Saves money
- Saves energy
- Postpones costly upgrades
- Protects the environment
- Ensures water for future generations
Water conservation saves you money and keeps water affordable for the future.
- Only 1% of our planet’s water is accessible and fresh.
- Canada’s per capita water consumption is the second-highest amongst developed countries.
- Water conservation delays the need to build more water treatment and distribution
It also reduces the large amount of electricity needed to pump and treat this water.
- In 2011, Utilities Kingston employed 120 workers to operate over $1 billion in
water treatment, water distribution, and waste water treatment infrastructure assets.
Utilities Kingston offers the following programs to help our
residential and commercial customers use less water and
prevent run-off pollution.
|Water Conservation Garden|
Visit our beautiful, award-winning garden and browse its web page
to discover plants and techniques that will help you reduce water use.
Learn how you can reduce water use.
Each spring, Utilities Kingston customers can buy a rain barrel at cost.
Learn how you can use rain water in your yard and garden.
Commercial and multi-residential customers who invest in water efficiency
may be eligible for financial incentives from Utilities Kingston.
Links to External Web Sites